The gift of life: Knights of Columbus sponsoring blood drive Dec. 4. Here’s how to register.
The Knights of Columbus will sponsor a blood drive from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Dec. 4 at Newman Hall.
Click here to register.
The process of giving blood only takes about 15 minutes, but donors can expect to be on site for about an hour to register and take part in a brief medical screening.
FACTS ABOUT BLOOD DONATIONS:
• One donation can potentially save three lives.
• Someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds.
• Less than 38 percent of the population is eligible to give blood or platelets.
• The blood type most needed is type O.
• A car accident victim can need up to 100 units of blood.
• Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
Statistics obtained from the American Red Cross.