top of page

Man accused of killing Dublin woman is back in Erath County, held on a $1 million bond.

Jeffrey Kenneth Rogers

A Granbury man accused of strangling a Dublin woman to death in June is now facing a murder charge in Erath County.

Jeffrey Kenneth Rogers, 60, is being held on a $1 million bond at the Erath County Jail.

He reportedly confessed to killing 41-year-old Traci Leigh Jones

after they spent a night together at Holiday Inn in Stephenville.

Her body was found several days later inside a 50-gallon tote floating in a Kentucky lake.


Jones and Rogers appeared to have had a complicated relationship that is outlined in the arrest complaint released by Erath County District Attorney Alan Nash.

According to the complaint, Jones, Jeffrey Rogers and his wife Tammy, a principal at Arlington ISD, engaged in the production of pornography with Circle V Entertainment.

When the relationship soured, Jones contacted attorney Heath Allen in April and told him that she feared the couple would harm her after she threatened to contact an NBC news affiliate in Fort Worth and Arlington ISD and expose the pornography and production company.

Traci Jones

Two months later, Jones was dead.

After her body was discovered, investigators interviewed Tammy Rogers who said her husband had continued to have sex with Jones and give her money even after she threated to ruin Tammy Rogers’ career.

“Tammy was upset that Jeffrey Rogers would still have sex with Jones, constantly paying her more and more money,” the complaint states.

Tammy Rogers told investigators that on June 16 Jeffrey Rogers traveled to Dublin to meet Jones.

She said Jeffrey Rogers didn’t respond to three texts messages she sent him that night and didn’t return home until early the next morning.

By then, investigators believe Jeffrey Rogers had already killed Jones after leaving the Holiday Inn.

After Jeffrey Rogers returned home on June 17, the couple loaded a pickup and headed to Kentucky to visit family with Jones’ body in the back.

Surveillance video in Burleson, Texas captured the pickup traveling with a large black container in the back – the same container that Jones’ body was later discovered in.

The next day – June 18 – Jeffrey Rogers rented a pontoon boat in Tennessee and additional surveillance footage taken at a marina appeared to show him loading the container onto the boat, according to the complaint.

Investigators believe that’s when Jeffrey Rogers disposed of Jones’ body.

Jeffrey Rogers told investigators that he was the only one responsible for Jones’ death.


bottom of page