H2-Oh Massage is ridiculously relaxing. Ignore your skepticism and give it a try.
I’ll admit that I was skeptical.
Could a machine that shoots out water across your body really be relaxing, easing those aches and pains we all feel from time to time?
A friend of mine sent a message about H2-Oh Massage encouraging me to give it a try so I reached out to owner Gladys Crouch to set up a time to meet.
H2-Oh Massage is located at 1481 W. South Loop in Stephenville in the shopping mall next to Ace Hardware. (Enter where The Salon is located and go to the back.)
You will be greeted by Gladys and guided to a quaint room where the Aquamassage beckons you to climb in.
Once you do, simply put on the headphones and let the soft music and 36 pulsating jets moving down your body from neck to feet put you into a complete state of relaxation.
“What’s neat is that you can customize the pulsation rate to different areas of the body,” Gladys told me. “I want people to come in and get relief from the aches and pains we all have.”
I hesitated at first to believe the machine would do much to relieve my high-strung energy or help with a chronic back ache. I imagined the cold water shooting down my back would be anything but relaxing.
But boy was I wrong.
The experience was amazing. I was nearly lulled to sleep by the pulsating water that envelopes every part of your foot, then moves slowly up your back, hitting all the right spots before reaching your shoulders and neck.
The water travels back to your feet and the process repeats itself for a glorious 20 minutes.
I went home feeling more relaxed than I had in weeks and vowed to return sooner rather than later.
Here are a few more facts about H2-Oh Massage you will want to know:
1. You stay fully clothed during the massage. Just take off your shoes.
2. You can make an appointment, but don’t have to. Walk-ins are welcome.
3. It’s affordable. A 20-minute massage is $25, 30 minutes is $35 and 40 minutes is $45.
4. Regulars receive a punch card and their 10th massage is free.
5. Clients of all ages can benefit; from young athletes to your gramie and grampie.
6. You can go right back to work when you’re finished. There are no messy oils that wreck your hair during the treatment.
7. Gladys retired from Dublin ISD after 29 years of service. She is one of the friendliest people you will ever meet.
H2-Oh Massage is open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday.
You can book an appointment on Facebook or by calling 254-977-4434.
Give it a try.