Give the gift of life when the Rotary Club hosts a blood drive Friday.
The COVID-19 pandemic is causing a critical blood shortage across the U.S. and the American Red Cross has issued an urgent plea for blood donations.
Now, the Stephenville Rotary Club is sponsoring a blood drive at the Carter BloodCare bus that will be parked at the Walmart parking lot from 1:30-5:30 p.m. on Friday
The process of giving blood only takes about 15 minutes, but donors can expect to be on site for about an hour to register and take part in a brief medical screening.
For more information, call 254-592-5695.
FACTS ABOUT BLOOD DONATIONS:
• One donation can potentially save three lives.
• Someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds.
• Less than 38 percent of the population is eligible to give blood or platelets.
• The blood type most needed is type O.
• A car accident victim can need up to 100 units of blood.
• Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
Statistics obtained from the American Red Cross.